To make your removal as easy and fast as possible we offer you these practical tips.
- We strongly advise you to use removal boxes. Packing boxes to full will cause them damage and you won’t be able to return them. For heavy objects there are smaller & stronger boxes available.
- Make sure your fragile items are thoroughly packed for instance in bubble plastic.
- Taking apart closets, beds and tables prior to our arrival will save time. Tape loose parts together and take out loose screw/nails.
- Defrost your fridge/freezer and make sure there is no water left in your washing machine. Find out whether it’s possible to take out the washing machines weight (before carrying it down a flight of stairs).
- Tape or tie up loose cables/hoses of unpacked equipment to avoid damaging them and to ensure it’s easier to carry around.
- In case of removal of a mechanical clock, please remove the weights and secure the mechanics with the appropriate bolts.
- In most cases in Amsterdam the use of a rope & pully is a time saving possibility Please check up on the following questions whether or not this possible.
- Can we reach the hook at pick-up and delivery addresses? When necessary notify your neighbours of your moving plans.
- Is the window/balcony door at the pick-up and delivery addresses large enough?
- When possible. Take out the window yourself. This will save us some time.
- In case of hoisting to the top floor keep in mind that the pully is approximately 50 cm long.
When using a removal lift the same tips apply. Make sure there is enough space to place the lift and that there are no trees or tram cables blocking the path.
- “Many hands make light work “. Asking capable friends/family to help out will significantly speed up the process saving you lots of time and money.
- You might need a license to block the street during your removal (especially when using a lift). Hiring some parking lots in front of your door to avoid parking troubles could also be a very handy option. Check out the site of the Amsterdam government for more info.